*I missed yesterday's Slice! That sun and good vibes got me, again :) For as long as I can remember, I've thought people were different than me. I used to think my parents were robots, when I was far too old to make such imaginative ideas feel real. At a different time, I distinctly remember following them through the mall and thinking how their brains fire their nerves to constrict and relax their muscles as they move and it was like I could watch their skeletons move under their skin. I must have just learned about the nervous system, but I was terrified that they were something other than human. Most children, when they're young, are scared of "normal" things in the closet or shadows of night: witches, monsters, ghosts. Me? I was 100% positive there was a mass murderer (we think this carried over from my grandparents' watching Dateline at full blast), drug trafficker, or Baphomet (specifically that demon) waiting to get me when everyone else had fallen asl...
I feel you! Yesterday was my 6-word memoir day. There's always a day like this - good for us for publishing anyway!!
ReplyDeleteDon’t you love the invention of the six word memoir? Now I wanna know more and lucky me, I get to ask in person tomorrow 😉
ReplyDelete